Simply Me...

My photo
Learning through life how to take one day at a time & enjoy myself! I am a mother of two precious gifts, wife to a guy that I love unconditionally and a sister, daughter & friend. I work as a licensed massage therapist in the Birmingham area. I LOVE what I do! I love to blog as much as I can & read back on our memories as a family of four! www.youngliving.org/nancylmt

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Years Day!

2013's first day was nothing but rain! But that is ok! It will help the grass & animals, I suppose!
We stayed home, all together & were safe & happy. That's a good thing!
I started off the morning with a good breakfast for my loves.
Bourbon salmon, eggs, bacon & orange slices! It was very good. Josh & kids had a biscuit with all of this, but my sistor & I are bread free :)
After a healthy breakfast, what's better to do than bake cookies? Gotta counteract all of the healthier stuff!





 Cookie face below!
 He's not a cookie fan, but he participated!
 I made some yummy spinach dip...
 Here it is finished! It's amazing how much water you have to squeeze out of spinach before you create a dip. I had no clue!

 We colored, made after Christmas ornaments & just enjoyed the day.

 Logan & some buddies created some You Tube videos....
 I thought these were cute wines for NewYear's Eve.
Although, we were neither Firecrackers or Fancy Pants, we just hung out & played Lego House with Kenlee. Josh & I watched a show that we loved & just kept it simple! I don't like getting out on New Year's Eve! Are we getting old?
So thankful for a positive New Year!
And since today is technically the 2nd!.....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY MYRTLE!!!
LOVE YOU!

3 comments:

Faith said...

Perfect way to spend the first day of the year!

All the cookies, yum!

Hmm, staying home on NYE doesn't make you old, it makes you smart :)

Wishing for you a happy, healthy, fun and awesome year!

Pegster said...

Happy New Year. Looks like such a fun day with the kids.

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

It sounds like the perfect day! Cute pictures!