Simply Me...

My photo
Learning through life how to take one day at a time & enjoy myself! I am a mother of two precious gifts, wife to a guy that I love unconditionally and a sister, daughter & friend. I work as a licensed massage therapist in the Birmingham area. I LOVE what I do! I love to blog as much as I can & read back on our memories as a family of four! www.youngliving.org/nancylmt

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A little bit conceited!

Have you ever sat down & just taken pictures of yourself? It is a HARD thing to do!
I admire people who are confident like that. I'm more confident now about things than I've ever been, but it's just hard for me to sit down & take pictures... of me. I love looking at everyone else's pictures. I love taking pictures. Of everyone else, but me!
This is something I think we all need to work on! Loving ourselves!
My sweet friend, Brittany, gave me highlights earlier this week. In return, I gave her a massage today. What a blessing that is to have a tool to trade out. Seriously. Because I would have paid over $120 to have highlights put in my hair or had I done it myself out of a box, it would have been fried & not so wonderful looking! Who's with me on this!?
So I'm going to be a little more confident than usual & show you my new highlights. In a room. All by myself ~ smiling & happy to not be gray.

So here's to highlights, good friends that trade out, and a little bit more confidence for 2013!
Oh! And she waxed my eyebrows & I don't look like I have giant caterpillar's anymore!
Double Oh! And she uses Aveda...my most favorite products of life!

4 comments:

Faith said...

Nancy, you are gorgeous! You have to take more pictures of yourself! Yes to more confidence in 2013!!

Gina Gao said...

You look gorgeous. I really like your blog.

www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

Pegster said...

YAY for confidence. it's totally not conceited to take pictures of yourself unless of course you do the crazy duck lip and it's super close up :).

Your highlights look great, your friend did a great job

Paula said...

WOW!!!! Look at you, gorgeous!! :)
I love your hair... mine was almost that color too, once. I stopped coloring mine last year and let my gray come out.. I didn't realize I had so much, so I've been thinking about doing mine again.
And I don't take a good picture, but I'm fine with that... I just don't get in front of a camera. *hahaha*