Simply Me...

My photo
Learning through life how to take one day at a time & enjoy myself! I am a mother of two precious gifts, wife to a guy that I love unconditionally and a sister, daughter & friend. I work as a licensed massage therapist in the Birmingham area. I LOVE what I do! I love to blog as much as I can & read back on our memories as a family of four! www.youngliving.org/nancylmt

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Kenlee's Room Redo!! NEW!

This is the big FIRST GRADER's room!
Kenlee wanted her room redone. Time for a bigger bed & more grown up stuff!
I was happy to finally get full size bed in there, because if she ever does get up in the middle of the night, I am SMUSHED in the twin bed with her!
Drum roll please.......
 I found mostly old picture frames & mirrors & spray painted away this afternoon! I really loved how that pink mirror turned out!
Below is her artwork from "Jaycee" ~ her imaginary friend. She's a little wild! I LOVE this & did not want to cover it up! I changed the fading on instagram, so this isn't the true blue that it is in person. Kenlee & Jaycee did this when she was about 3!
 I spray painted this pink frame below & I just added a hair bow on top!
 This was stolen from another room in our house, but she wanted something to hang her necklaces on!
Done!
 Below in the blue frame is a picture her sweet sitter, Chandler, drew for her. It's perfect because her quilt is horses!
 She & her Daddy. I LOVE this picture so much.
 I didn't do so good on this, but I'm going to redo it. It was pink & brown polka dots & I don't love the way it is now, so I need to think on this a while!
 The finished product!
 It felt SO good getting this done.
 She helped me dust & vacuum.
 Biggy layed down with her to begin with tonight. I have rocked Kenlee every night until about a week ago. We moved the rocker to our room. I love reading & rocking her, but she's 45 lbs & I wanted it to be easier to get her in bed. I will still read to her every night, but not rock her. Although, anytime she wants to rock, she won't have to twist my arm. They are only little once. I'm also trying to get a different bed routine for her because in November I'm flying to Michigan to be in a wedding & I want it to be easy on she & her Dad when I'm gone. I have a feeling he will be a sucker & let her sleep with him, though! HA!
My babies are growing up. I'm already missing summer but, I am really excited for them both to have a really fun & wonderful year. Ready for a little bit of a routine. Tonight I found Logan's cat from when he was little, "Molly" and he said "this really brings back some memories!" ~ They are never too old to think of memories!
Love my babies so very much.

4 comments:

Southern Belle Mama said...

So cute! Her bed is gorgeous! I'm sure she feels so grown up. :)

Ashley said...

You did so good! I LOVE owls so much. Plus, I'm soo loving that pink bed!

Faith said...

You did amazing Nancy! It looks so good!

You are such a great mama rocking Kenlee and reading to her every night! I also love that you're already thinking of setting up a new routine that way when you're away in Nov the transition will be easy for her and Josh.

You're awesome!

Cantina Camp said...

Great job! I know she loves it! How blessed you are my friend!