Simply Me...

My photo
Learning through life how to take one day at a time & enjoy myself! I am a mother of two precious gifts, wife to a guy that I love unconditionally and a sister, daughter & friend. I work as a licensed massage therapist in the Birmingham area. I LOVE what I do! I love to blog as much as I can & read back on our memories as a family of four! www.youngliving.org/nancylmt

Thursday, August 22, 2013

15 Years ago today....

Let me be as truthful as I can be. I have dated this guy since 1994. I married him in 1998. We have had some crazy highs, some crazy lows, some in betweens, some major meltdowns.
He IS HANDSOME, he is WONDERFUL, we love, we fight, we get on each others nerves, we laugh so hard together, we pick at each other, we drive each other nuts. Some days we want to drop kick each other (well, maybe not that extreme) but we really are just meant to be.
I love his soul, his eyes, his laugh, the way he is with our kids.
We loved our honeymoon 15 years ago. We were 21. We also fought on our honeymoon to the point that I told him I was flying home! HAAAA!
He is STILL by my side.
He loves us. He would lay down his life for us. He works too hard for us (he's currently looking for another job and can do anything with his hands, has his CDL, never calls in sick, HOLLA!) ~ I'm hoping for a less stressful job with just as good of pay for him to come his way. He doesn't get to see any of the kids programs unless they are at night, missed all of Logan's golf tournaments because he has no back up as he is the plant manager for a concrete plant. He DESIRES to be with his kids & ME! He deserves the best.
He makes me laugh & drives me nuts. I get on his nerves with not being the most organized fish in the sea. Our house is a wreck when he comes home from 15 hour days, but hey. I always have dinner ready for him. We share dreams together, hopes for our future, and have the biggest love for Logan & Kenlee we could ever dream of. He is my dream man because I love his soul.
August 22nd is one of the most special days to me because I have my life partner by my side. He supports my crazy health habits, he even takes coconut oil in a capsule for me. I love this man more than I ever dreamed I could love a man! He lets me smear essential oils on his feet & back all the time, he will eat anything in the world I cook. I could go on & on. I don't like the way he turns the TV up real loud, but I can deal with that forever.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, JOSH!!!
I truly love you.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Aww!! What a sweet post! My husband and I got married young too. (I was 19) I don't regret a day of it! ;) Congrats on your 15 years of marriage and I hope you two have a wonderful and romantic day!

Cantina Camp said...

Happy Anniversary!! Isn't it wonderful how you can love them more now than on the day you married them...just the way God meant it to be!!

Pegster said...

Awww, such a sweet post. Happy Anniversary. 15 years is such an achievement, you should be so proud of you.

I am impressed that you got married at 21, that seems so young. 15 years and 2 beautiful kids later, you definitely did amazing. Congrats.

Faith said...

Seriously I just love this post! Nancy you are incredible! I love your heart!

You're proof that at a young age you can find your soulmate!

Happy anniversary!