Simply Me...

My photo
Learning through life how to take one day at a time & enjoy myself! I am a mother of two precious gifts, wife to a guy that I love unconditionally and a sister, daughter & friend. I work as a licensed massage therapist in the Birmingham area. I LOVE what I do! I love to blog as much as I can & read back on our memories as a family of four! www.youngliving.org/nancylmt

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Growing Pumpkins!

I LOVE fall!
This morning I went to pinch off the dead parts of our mums, which I'm sad to report was a LOT of it. But one of our little pumpkins & gotten ill & threw up seeds all over the dirt & pine straw. To my surprise, we are now growing pumpkins!

Trust me! This was only by accident! I am really excited to see if it actually starts sprouting! I'm hoping it does!

My precious friend, Emily, made me a great Christmas wreath for our front door! I have 3 hooks for the door & can't find ANY of them! I am going to swing by Old Time Pottery & pick one up this week.
I made some great soup full of vitamins via the good ol' bean....
 I didn't use the smoky pack the put in there...I just cooked some onions & garlic in a pan with olive oil ...

Then I tried something new instead of ham.
This bacon is made from turkey thighs & is nitrate free (nitrate lessens our immune systems & messes with our heads - quite often making us sick or bad headaches) ~ Here is what it looked like....
Sometimes I am disappointed in products like this...but everyone loved this. I just chopped it up to season the beans. Bonus that it didn't have junk in it!
Did you know there are more vitamins in bean soup than a multivitamin?! Thanks a lot, beans!

6 comments:

His Doorkeeper said...

I have always wanted to grow pumpkins! Every year I tell myself I will plant seeds but then get busy and forget. Looks like you did it the easy way!! LOL

Love your wreath!

So funny, I am making a pot of beans today. Hubs doesn't like them so while he is away on his trip to Nicaragua, I make a pot and eat them everyday!!

Faith said...

you are growing pumpkins?! WHAT?! i am all sorts of jealous!

and now i'm craving beans, hahaha.

that new picture for your header is soooo cute! i absolutely love it. keep it forever, haha.

Nancy said...

Replied via email, Faith!!
HA!

Gina Gao said...

I'm so jealous of how you can grow pumpkins.

www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

Paula said...

Hooray for "volunteer" pumpkins!
We have surprises pop up around here like that all the time~ this year it was three corn stalks that started growing behind the barn.... apparently wild birds had been helping themselves to some chicken feed and "planted" the corn for us! *haha*
I love beans... I grew up on them!

Rod and Alex - aka: "Rolex" said...

You accidently grew pumpkins?! You must have a super-green thumb! I can't seem to grow anything...on purpose!! ;)
You'll have to keep us updated on the status! :)
Mmmmm! Love beans!