Simply Me...

My photo
Learning through life how to take one day at a time & enjoy myself! I am a mother of two precious gifts, wife to a guy that I love unconditionally and a sister, daughter & friend. I work as a licensed massage therapist in the Birmingham area. I LOVE what I do! I love to blog as much as I can & read back on our memories as a family of four! www.youngliving.org/nancylmt

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Yummy Day~

I have enjoyed this Saturday with my little family.
We took the kids to lunch, looking for blackberries, and working in the yard (all 4 of us) ~ it has been a truly delicious day :)


We are re-creating after 9 years in this house in the front yard. I have no clue what to do, I tried calling my green thumb sister, my BFF is at her Mom's in FL, and I am clueless on what to buy :)
We've pulled some bushes out, raked all of the old pine straw & we are starting fresh in the front. Or as fresh as we can create. It's a work in progress, but I promise to post pictures as we go.

I also spent $7 on fabric scraps & bought some liquid stitch stuff & believe it or not, created a little decoration for our pumpkin colored room!! I was DETERMINED to do something creative for once - from start to finish. I'm not usually crafty.
It's not completely fabulous, but it's homemade & I am going to look at it for a while & see if it grows on me :)

Happy Saturday!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Looks like a great Saturday!

Cantina Camp said...

You did a great job on the piece of art work! :) Look forward to seeing the landscaping around your house.

Rod and Alex - aka: "Rolex" said...

Blackberry hunting is my FAVORITE! I loved doing this as a kid...coming home with a stained red/purple face and shirt! haha!
I can't wait to see pics of your yard! I'm sure it will be fantastic!
Your new crafty work of art is super-cute! :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your work of art!!!! Looks great! You will have to share this project with me!!! Can't wait to see how the flower beds turn out!!! Miss you!

Paula said...

That looks great! You did a wonderful job on that!
Blackberries are going to be really early here too this year... I hope I can get to them before the birds find them! :(