We have a nondairy eating girl. Reason being is when she eats anything with milk or cheese, she scratches her legs her stomach until they would bleed & gets splotchy ~ plus starts in with congestion. It took us a LONG time to figure out what was going on because while she was on Mommy's milk for the first year, this never happened. Then when I switched to whole milk, she started this. After SEVERAL trips to the pediatrician, we were going to the chiropractor I work with for an adjustment, and she said "is she drinking milk now?" She told me to eliminate milk & that would go away...well. That's exactly what happened. Her pediatrician would write us a new prescription every time we went & I would always say "yes" when he asked if she was drinking at least this many ounces of milk a day. (Bad, I know, but I had to keep doing what was working, plus I give her Standard Process products which are whole foods in the form of a little capsule & they are chewable with calcium lactate & calcium stearate). I think most people thought I was crazy ~ so I have been giving her lots of foods all along with calcium, raw broccoli, boiled egg whites, etc.
Would you believe this has worked? Milk produces mucous in your system, which is such a factor in congestion. I remember when my sweet boy was younger, his pictures always consisted of little puffy allergy eyes & I believe had we known what we know now, croup & congestion wouldn't have been such a big part of his small childhood. And getting adjusted, our little's don't have ear infections. I'm so thankful for this because if I hadn't gone to massage therapy school & hooked up with Dr. Jessica, who knows where we would be with this. I think the Dr. would
Sorry ~ I can't make a long story short!
So we drove through Starbucks yesterday because I fix their Breakfast Blend @ home every morning. If you buy it @ Publix, it's almost $9, but you can get it @ Target for $6.89! So when I finish a bag, you can go there & turn it in & they will fix you a free tall coffee!
Well, Kenlee doesn't drink coffee :) & she was requesting hot chocolate ~ but you know what's in it. MILK!
So we asked if they had any hot drinks that are non dairy! They DO! A CARMEL APPLE SPICE! It's just steamed apple juice & they squirt carmel all around on the inside of the cup. Biggy didn't love it ~ he's more of a burger & fries type of treat guy - ha! But, Miss Thing sure did!!!


2 comments:
Kenlee's drink sounds yummy!!! She looks so grown up with her Starbucks cup!! :)
Carmel Apple Spice is VERY good!!!
I read your comment about Gap long and lean. I am NOT long or lean, but they FIT!!!!! Hey...you gotta love the name of them!
Post a Comment