Simply Me...

My photo
Learning through life how to take one day at a time & enjoy myself! I am a mother of two precious gifts, wife to a guy that I love unconditionally and a sister, daughter & friend. I work as a licensed massage therapist in the Birmingham area. I LOVE what I do! I love to blog as much as I can & read back on our memories as a family of four! www.youngliving.org/nancylmt

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sunday ~


It's been a pretty lazy weekend due to a little under the weather boy...
Although the weather is like summer all over again here in the South!
He has been pretty allergy like & coughing all week long, so I broke down & took him to the Dr. today because a week of homeopathic goodies just wasn't getting it...I felt like it was time to be seen because he has a week full of fun-ness that needs to be had coming up :) A field trip to Calloway Gardens, a Halloween dance (they call it a Jamm) & a few buddies sleeping over, so I felt like I needed to make sure it wasn't bacterial.
I took him to lunch to meet a friend & his Mom & that made him a happy kid. Kenlee had a date with her Daddy today & next Thursday evening as I go to dinner with some friends & I am so looking forward to it!
My husband has turned into Paula Deen today (with a beard), and made us a yummy Southern meal that I am smelling right now & it makes my nose happy. Roast with potatoes & carrots, butter beans & homemade cornbread (WITH CRISCO) ~ my arteries are cringing, but it smells oh so good.


Feed a cold, starve a fever, right?

Then my parents called & they were at Top O' the River in Anniston, which made Josh & I awfully jealous...but I think his meal will be just as good. Fried dill pickles, cornbread & catfish would make us pretty happy too, though. :)
Hope you have a great last week in October & I'm looking forward to a great November.






2 comments:

Jessica said...

this post made me soooo hungry! oh my goodness!

Hope that Logan is feeling better soon so he can enjoy his week!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE southern cooking! Paula Deen is the best :) Sounds like a sweet husband for cooking that.