Simply Me...

My photo
Learning through life how to take one day at a time & enjoy myself! I am a mother of two precious gifts, wife to a guy that I love unconditionally and a sister, daughter & friend. I work as a licensed massage therapist in the Birmingham area. I LOVE what I do! I love to blog as much as I can & read back on our memories as a family of four! www.youngliving.org/nancylmt

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Y-U-M-M-Y

PLEASE do yourself a favor & try these...

Ingredients

1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts
3 tablespoons good olive oil
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Cut off the brown ends of the Brussels sprouts and pull off any yellow outer leaves. Mix them in a bowl with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Pour them on a sheet pan and roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. Shake the pan from time to time to brown the sprouts evenly. Sprinkle with more kosher salt ( I like these salty like French fries), and serve immediately.

*Josh grilled deer tonight & I fixed these as a side item & fell in love with them. They are so good for you! I used an organic sea salt instead of kosher salt...but I'm not sure the difference. They are so good, though!

Confession time. My blog...my confession. I baked my first turkey in 11 years of marriage today in a bag. DRY. as a hot summer in Arizona. I didn't do it right. Paula Deen would not be proud of my lack of butter. The only thing I think was good was the white meat close to the bone...the dry stuff is going to have to turn into turkey noodle soup. Thankfully we had the deer meat as a back up, so my family did eat tonight.
Whew. I'm worn out. :)

1 comment:

bodagetta said...

You should brine the turkey! Makes it awesome