Simply Me...

My photo
Learning through life how to take one day at a time & enjoy myself! I am a mother of two precious gifts, wife to a guy that I love unconditionally and a sister, daughter & friend. I work as a licensed massage therapist in the Birmingham area. I LOVE what I do! I love to blog as much as I can & read back on our memories as a family of four! www.youngliving.org/nancylmt

Monday, October 26, 2009

Cupcake Recipe


Here's a new recipe I found on a blog that I thought sounded & looked really good. I might try to make them this weekend!


1 - 18.5 ounce yellow cake mix (plus ingredients called for in package directions)
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 - 15 oz. can of pumpkin puree
2 - 8 oz bars of cream cheese at room temp.
2 cups powdered sugar
24 candy corn pieces

Heat oven to 350. Line two 12 cup muffin tins with liners. Prepare cake mix as directed but with the following change: Add the pumpkin pie spice & substitute the pumpkin puree for the water that is called for in the package directions.
Divide batter among muffin tins and bake until toothpick inserted comes out clean, 18to 22 minutes. Let cool.

Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Spread on cupcakes and top with candy corn.


Better yet, I might wait until Thanksgiving for these...I'm sure we'll have plenty of sugar over the weekend. I told my kids for every piece of candy they eat, they have to eat a piece of broccoli! HA!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

yummy! those cupcakes sound delicious!

and I am trying the broccoli thing...thanks for the idea