Simply Me...

My photo
Learning through life how to take one day at a time & enjoy myself! I am a mother of two precious gifts, wife to a guy that I love unconditionally and a sister, daughter & friend. I work as a licensed massage therapist in the Birmingham area. I LOVE what I do! I love to blog as much as I can & read back on our memories as a family of four! www.youngliving.org/nancylmt

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Loyal to shoes....

Let me tell you about these shoes...They were a Christmas present to our girl that I forgot to get out of the closet, and remembered a few days after Christmas. When Kenlee gets a pair of shoes, she is as loyal to them as we are to our best friends. No matter the outfit, even if they don't match, these babies are on her feet. I might need to open a seperate account from her savings for shoes as she gets older. We all splurge on something, so better it be something useful than just wasting money. :)

I had a client tell me something the other day that made me start thinking...with Obama in office (which some people are for & some against) she asked me if we were to have a gas freeze or someone take over the internet, or the post offices were to stop delivering,  how long would we be able to feed our family or how many shoes do we have for our children's feet? She said it right before we ended our session & I didn't realize the impact it would have on my mind. She said, "I'm not trying to scare you, it's just food for thought, and I want you to pray about it."    Wow.
It truely makes sense, what if something happened, how long would we be able to feed, clothe, and take care of our littles? I don't want to be a worrier about unknown things like this, but I just want to be a little more prepared & I just wanted to pass it along to you & see if it's something that you think about.

Yesterday was a wonderful day of routine & I realized how good it felt to be back in the swing of things after Christmas holidays. Logan had a great day at school & enjoyed seeing his friends on the bus ride home & we went to his orthodontist appointment after that - in which Kenlee asked the ortho if she could get some braces. Thankfully, he's just about mine & Josh's age, so when & if she does need some & we live somewhere close to Hwy 280, maybe he will be the one to put braces on her!
Maybe that's another account we should open! HA!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute shoes!! That's funny that your daughter wants braces- that was not a fun stage having them!

The Allen Family said...

i have thought about the "what ifs" and i've decided that i am thankful to be married to and a daughter of providers. i have no doubt we would be growing and hunting our own food (already doing some of that)... your hubby knows survival skills too... i have a feeling y'all would be just as taken care of! of course, it's God who provides, but i sure do feel a whole lot more comfortable knowing i have 2 outdoor-sy men in my life :)

The Howell Blessings said...

Hello, I am so glad I stumbled across your blog from Angie Smiths blog. First of all, I LOVE the look of your blog. Adorable shoes! That picture of your family is awesome! My daughter is going to school for massage right now, so that caught my attention too. Ok, past the gushing now.

I have heard alot on the topic of the "shortage" of fuel and there is even a book out called "The Coming Oil Storm". I believe as citizens of the earth that we should do what we can to protect what we have. Getting back to our roots as in growing our own produce, putting our hands to crafts and recycling what we can certainly goes a long way.

However, being citzens of heaven, we should believe Matt 6: 28-34: 28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. (Biblegateway.com)

This scripture became so real to me during my battle with breast cancer. Fear just stands for False Evidence Appearing Real. Keep your eyes on Him and He will take care of you.

Sorry to babble on but I hope that brings some peace to you.

Blessings
Mindy