Simply Me...

My photo
Learning through life how to take one day at a time & enjoy myself! I am a mother of two precious gifts, wife to a guy that I love unconditionally and a sister, daughter & friend. I work as a licensed massage therapist in the Birmingham area. I LOVE what I do! I love to blog as much as I can & read back on our memories as a family of four! www.youngliving.org/nancylmt

Monday, January 17, 2011

Fun for all!

I'm thankful to have spent the day with these two little love's of mine....they have been helpful all day long & they played outside, cooperated with a few errands, it was just a good day. :)
Friday, Josh & I had a date & met up with a few of his friends from work after we went to dinner & went bowling in Trussville. It was kind of an unplanned evening that just happened, and we had SUCH a great time. I love it that he is surrounded by good people at work & they constantly have a good time & laugh a lot. I laughed so much my stomach was sore the next day. I love night's like that.

Last week I volunteered again @ the Palliative Care Unit @ UAB. I sometimes do chair massage on the staff & the families that are losing loved one's. It's kind of like a Hospice floor inside the hospital. But, it's beautifully decorated, very quiet & calm & there is a huge kitchen & living area with a big flat screen & leather furniture to stretch out on if you are there for a few weeks. You can donate money to the unit, or I just brought a bag full of individually wrapped snacks for the families to help themselves to & some drinks. The rooms are large & very comfy during such a difficult time. There is beautiful artwork that has been donated by artists. I have to admit, I didn't have the best attitude going last time...I thought, I'm not going to massage all of these Dr's & nurses for free & use my gas money and mark off my book for the day again without getting any business. (Pretty embarrassed to say that, but hey, it's the truth) ~ But this time was different...I got to work on the families of the patients that are soon to pass away & it was more of a blessing to me than I have ever thought. I had one lady who was there about to lose her mother that just hugged me & couldn't believe I was doing it for free & she was sooo exhausted...little did I know, just a year ago, she was on the Palliative Care Unit sitting by her 19 year old son that was passing away from cancer. God knew what he was doing when I went there last week - He made me see that the blessing has nothing to do with money or anything like that, it has to do with when you truely help someone out of the kindness of your heart & know that you have made a difference in their life.

Just had to share what's been laying heavy on my heart in such a world of materialistic things & braggers & selfishness, it's moments like these that make me think of reality & what is most important to me.

Hope your week is full of goodness!

3 comments:

The Allen Family said...

you are such a jewel! everytime i talk to mom (she also reads your blog) and your name comes up, she says, "that nancy is such a good momma" (which is what i am always thinking) but you are also such a sweet friend and unselfish person!

so glad you were able to help those families and enjoy doing it :)

Jessica said...

oh my goodness, girl you have me in tears.
what a precious heart you have!

just love you friend and i miss you so much!

Cantina Camp said...

What a great way to serve the Lord when we serve others. The Bible says that God (Jesus) did not come to be served but to serve, shouldn't we be more like Jesus. I am so thankful that God has provided you with that wonderful chance for Him to use you! Thank you for serving the Lord, my friend!!