When I look back on this post a year from now...I will remember yesterday & again, be grateful. About a year & a half ago (2008) Josh took two tests for becoming a lineman with Alabama Power - passed both & we celebrated as if he had landed this job. Little do they tell you...you may or may not be picked for an interview. They are supposedly having a hiring freeze during this time to top it off..but this is what we had hoped for, had planned for. A year of waiting & hoping went by...praying for God to let the phone ring with an offer...little did we know it wasn't His plan. Oh! And to top it off, your tests are only good for a year. It's so political with that company & we just flat out don't know anyone high enough in the company & so it just wasn't happening. Talk about discouraged.
Part of me thought...why when my husband is so good, so honest, so deserving, doesn't he get his chance? So on we went with our lives...I was a little bitter, I had a girl who's husband works with Southern Company tell me I could come to their play dates when he got hired on...As if we weren't good enough to come to their playdates? That's not my idea of people I want to surround myself with anyway.
So this past month Josh has gone on about 3 different interviews & tests with a great company & yesterday he got a call with an offer. This is God's doing - not ours. We will constantly remind ourselves of that. It has better benefits & more pay than Alabama Power - which will constantly remind me...Keep my faith in God. It is not our plan, but His.
So our journey is just beginning & for that I am grateful.

2 comments:
wow God is so good! He is so faithful to give us more than we expect, isn't He? we are kind of in the same boat w/ my husbands job, waiting for the better job to come. God is always faithful.
if you ever find yourself up in the shoals area let me know and we can book a photo session! your kids are adorable and it would be so fun :)
It is so hard in thick of things to understand what is going huh? It is hard to grasp and our natural reaction is to question...at least it is for me...I know I have done my fair share of asking questions.
Thankfully we serve an all-knowing Saviour, who knows better than we could ever know what will be best for us in the long run. =)
Glad that things have worked out for Josh and for your family!
Post a Comment