Bring on the sunshine!!
I made cabbage rolls the other night. They turned out dilly-dang delicious.
I must share. Do with them what you will, but if you try them, let me know how you like them!
Sidenote: look at the temperature on my oven & the time, they were both 350!! HA!
Boil your cabbage for about 4 minutes. Takes a while to get water boiling in a big pot like this one.Brown 1 1/2 lb. ground sirloin & cut up some onion to cook in with it ( I skipped this because my boys aren't a fan of chunky onion, but I know it would be tasty).
Cook a cup of instant rice in a cup of boiling water like it says on the instant rice box....
Drain hamburger, mix in rice, then add a 1/2 can (small can) of tomato sauce. Reserve the other 1/2 to pour over cabbage rolls before baking. Then add an egg in with this mixture (mix well), salt, pepper (to taste) and 2 Tb. ketchup. The ketchup I used is shown below in one of these little pictures & it was so much better than Heinz in this, not syrup-y sweet & almost had a cinnamon taste to it. It's the Publix organic kind. Mix it all up really good then after you have peeled the first few layers off of the cooked cabbage, start making your wraps. Plop a big helping of the mix on a cabbage leaf....
Roll those babies up securing with a toothpick.
Out of order, but here is the lovely ketchup I used. Simply delish...and try it in meatloaf if you dare! You won't want to go back to Heinz!
Bake @ 350 for an hour, covered with foil.
So yummy. We even heated some up the next night & they were equally delish.
And today we've snacked on Concord grapes & they couldn't be more delicious.
I love how Instagram makes them look!
They taste like a party in your mouth!



3 comments:
I've never made cabbage rolls before but I always want to try it! Yours looks amazing!!
And I love concord grapes! I've been snacking on them for weeks! :)
I must admit! Those DO look dilly dang delicious! Wish I was as good a cook as you!!!
YUM to it all!!!
Post a Comment