Simply Me...

My photo
Learning through life how to take one day at a time & enjoy myself! I am a mother of two precious gifts, wife to a guy that I love unconditionally and a sister, daughter & friend. I work as a licensed massage therapist in the Birmingham area. I LOVE what I do! I love to blog as much as I can & read back on our memories as a family of four! www.youngliving.org/nancylmt

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A hidden treasure...






Logan is in a class at school that they call GRC. It's Gifted Resource Center - he goes for two hours each week & through this program they are doing research on a swamp here in Alabaster called Ebenezer Swamp with the University of Montevallo. This has been really neat for Logan & the kids involved because they get to go to the swamp & test the water, look for beaver dams, they look for blue herron's, water bugs, etc... They get to see nature in a different way than they normally do when they are outside playing. He discovered a hidden treasure. A little United Methodist Church off of a dirt road that is pretty much hidden and you can't see it from the road. We stopped & took some pictures & plan on attending one Sunday so he can check it out since it's so close to the swamp. I love his curiosity. It was built in 1818 & reminds me a lot of the church Josh & I attended when we dated and went with his Dad & Noval.
What about you, do you know of any hidden treasures?

1 comment:

The Allen Family said...

how neat!! i think it is ingrained (sp?) in those boys to love nature and to love discovering!!! even at a young age, i can see that tendency in bryce!!