Simply Me...

My photo
Learning through life how to take one day at a time & enjoy myself! I am a mother of two precious gifts, wife to a guy that I love unconditionally and a sister, daughter & friend. I work as a licensed massage therapist in the Birmingham area. I LOVE what I do! I love to blog as much as I can & read back on our memories as a family of four! www.youngliving.org/nancylmt

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Massaging Muscles!

I feel like with the hustle and bustle I hear everyone talk about right now... I need to promote a good bonding time with your kids or family in general. I know my two little loves always put their feet in my lap to rub or sit in front of me because they know my hands usually go to their shoulders :)
I want to encourage you to massage your family! Any essential oils you use, try mixing with olive or coconut oil first, then massage their back or feet. Citrus is very uplifting and encourages positivity, frankincense is healing, lavender is calming, Eucalyptus is excellent for upper respiratory.
And let me remind you, if you apply to the bottom of their feet....it gets in their central nervous system quickly and you can actually see their breathing get more relaxed and the forehead muscles relax.
Life really doesn't have to be all hustle and bustle.

I massaged a 5th grader last week that was out of school because they found a "virus" that she couldn't shake. She came to me 3 times for a 30 min massage last week with essential oils, I told her parents to give her at least 1/2 of her body weight in fluid ounces with water and/or coconut water (double the potassium than sports drinks), baths with epsom salt & rest. With lots of TLC and these sessions, when I saw her Friday...she was like a different child.
I am so thankful for the healing properties of massage & esssential oils.

Kenlee has had stuffy nose this weekend, so I have done a lot of massage & essential oil treatments on her spine, chest, and feet. She normally would have had full blown croup with this weather change....but with the diffuser and what I have been doing, she is so much better than I expected. I am also incorporating Standard Process Prosynbiotic (a great probiotic) in some organic applesauce.

She's a happy girl now. Have to be well for Trick or Treating!!

And Biggy has had a super fun weekend staying well & visiting Tannehill with friends yesterday for some early Halloween Trick or Treating. This family is moving to Africa next September for Mission work & I know he will miss his buds! They are twin boys that are the same age as Logan.
Here tehy were about 3 years ago! Time flies when you're having fun!
Hope you have had a nice relaxing weekend!

4 comments:

The Anglin Family said...

I have a cold. Come work your magic on me:-) haha!!
Happy Tuesday!

Rod and Alex - aka: "Rolex" said...

Massage definitely heals! I have had hip problems ever since I gave birth and have been going in for regular massages-it definitely helps!

Faith said...

Goodness you're awesome!

Completely agree! A massage goes a long way :)

Emmett Katherine said...

you know, I never realized how much massages can help your overall health!!