Simply Me...

My photo
Learning through life how to take one day at a time & enjoy myself! I am a mother of two precious gifts, wife to a guy that I love unconditionally and a sister, daughter & friend. I work as a licensed massage therapist in the Birmingham area. I LOVE what I do! I love to blog as much as I can & read back on our memories as a family of four! www.youngliving.org/nancylmt

Monday, September 13, 2010

Sometimes....

On a day I needed a pick-me-up, a great friend had an idea to go to Target together...that is just what I needed. I think I need this weekly from now on. I tend to feel guilty if I buy something new or do something for myself, do you ever feel that way? Not anymore, I feel that to give to others, you need to do a few things that make you HAPPY, that way you get an even bigger joy out of doing things for others. I had a client today that felt guilty for coming to get a massage - I told her I know what she means. She is a mother of 3, and a homeschool mother at that...she DESERVES to have just one hour to herself to relax & be a better mother & teacher.
So Cheryl, thank you for helping me get away, to have a couple hours of girlfriend time & to enjoy a great bargain for our new room. Just another thing to add to my "out with the old, in with the new list" ~ I needed this more than you & I know!!
Here is what we found on MAJOR SALE!!! It is so comfy, so warm & just what we needed in our room! I can't wait to put up more accessories & go back & get the lamp!

Simple to most, but we have had a fancy black, gold & red comforter that my sweet mother in law had made when we moved here (we've used it for 7 yrs.)but it was just time to renew & that other one was so heavy we had to use a down comforter & fold the other down every night b/c it was so big & bulky.


I am also waiting on a girl now to come over & assess our house so we can trade out massage for house cleaning!! I am so excited I could cry!!! It is simple things like that in life that make me a happy Momma - it stresses me out to clean when I get home & cook - I know it probably shouldn't but I confess...it does. :)
So if you are a mom, stop & enjoy something that you really love. :)

5 comments:

Cantina Camp said...

Looks good! I love sales....major sales! We are getting ready to buy a house, but I am not good at decorating or things like that. I am praying that God will give me wisdom to use our finances wisely while making our home look comfy and welcoming!

Nancy said...

I wish you could come here for the weekend! My friend Cheryl helped me find this @ Target & it had a stain on the back of one of the throw pillows...the whole set (includes comforter, throw pillows, king shams + Euro (those big square one's that go behind the king size one's) all for $58.00!! I think it was originally $109!

Erica said...

CUTE bedding set!! and SO jealous about the cleaning lady!

Jessica said...

I must agree with you about getting out and doing something for yourself. I managed to have a couple hours to myself the other night and it was exactly the rejuvination that I needed ;)
Next time you want to get out call me and lets plan something :)

and girl! you got a great deal! I am on the look out for new bedding myself

Anonymous said...

Target always makes me happy too! Glad you treated yourself right! Thanks for the recipe ideas- love it!