Simply Me...

My photo
Learning through life how to take one day at a time & enjoy myself! I am a mother of two precious gifts, wife to a guy that I love unconditionally and a sister, daughter & friend. I work as a licensed massage therapist in the Birmingham area. I LOVE what I do! I love to blog as much as I can & read back on our memories as a family of four! www.youngliving.org/nancylmt

Friday, May 29, 2009

Two years ago today....






It was 1:30 am..the 30th was the day I was supposed to be induced. The night of the 28th, we had a steak dinner, took Logan & our dog Max on a long walk...and then went to sleep. I got up to go to the bathroom & SQUIRT! My water broke (but just a little). I took my sugar to see what it was & called the Dr. She wasn't my regular Dr... but she was great. She said to go ahead & mosey on up to the hospital & since I wasn't having contractions, it would probably be a while. We called my parents, Josh's Mom...and met JuJu on the interstate at about 2:30 so she could get Logan & take him home. He decided he needed some Waffle House, so they went there & then went home. Josh was in panic mode, but for some reason I wasn't. When we got to Brookwood, we couldn't find an unlocked door to get in & I was feeling a little crampy. I changed into the beautiful gown & then it HIT ME! Miss Thing wanted OUT!

My parents & Juju got there right before she made her arrival @ 4:47 am. I was supposed to have IV antibiotics since I tested positive for Strep B, but didn't have a chance to get one. Our Dr. monitored Kenlee & cultured her blood, and thankfully she didn't have it.
Auntie Kim had come to our house to hang with Logan while his sister was being born.
May 29th will always hold a special place in our hearts & we are SOOOOO grateful to God for our girl! Happy Birthday, Kenlee Michele! Mom, Dad & Logan love you with our whole hearts.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

sweet post! Happy Birthday to Miss Kenlee!!!

The Allen Family said...

such a sweet birth story- i just love hearing about all those special details!!! happy birthday kenlee!!!