Simply Me...

My photo
Learning through life how to take one day at a time & enjoy myself! I am a mother of two precious gifts, wife to a guy that I love unconditionally and a sister, daughter & friend. I work as a licensed massage therapist in the Birmingham area. I LOVE what I do! I love to blog as much as I can & read back on our memories as a family of four! www.youngliving.org/nancylmt

Thursday, December 11, 2008

The TRUE meaning....


Kenlee did an art project that was the true meaning of the Candy Cane. I guess I had heard this story growing up, but I didn't remember it.

Many years ago a candy maker wanted to make a candy cane that would symbolize the true meaning of Christmas - Jesus.
The hard candy was shaped like a "J" to represent that Jesus is our rock of all ages. The candy was made of white to stand for the pureness of Jesus. The red represents the blood that Jesus shed.

So the next time you see a candy cane take a minute to remember the real meaning of Christmas.
My kids teach me things every single day.

2 comments:

millie said...

Precious Nancy,

You had to first put your children in an atmosphere where they could be exposed to those wonderful lessons. You do such a good job.

Love,
Millie

The Allen Family said...

thanks for sharing!!! that gives a whole new meaning to candy canes!!! i love that :)