Simply Me...

My photo
Learning through life how to take one day at a time & enjoy myself! I am a mother of two precious gifts, wife to a guy that I love unconditionally and a sister, daughter & friend. I work as a licensed massage therapist in the Birmingham area. I LOVE what I do! I love to blog as much as I can & read back on our memories as a family of four! www.youngliving.org/nancylmt

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Snow in Bama 2014!

This was an unexpected snow catastrophe that threw our state in a complete mess! Kids stayed over night at school, parents & business people just had to park their cars in the middle of the interstate to get to shelter because of ice, running out of gas, some people were even stuck in their cars overnight.
We had a friend that couldn't make it home come stay with us. It was literally such a scary thing for so many people. God bless all of the people that volunteered, gave shelter, gave food, helped others. I am so proud to live in this state. We are unprepared for this type of weather, but we just don't get this often.
I am so grateful to have been home with my family. No blessing went unnoticed.

And the kids got to see snow in 2014! That's awesome for them!! I am SO thankful to have gotten these two babes of mine home. I am also so grateful Josh was home with us.













I grew up walking to school in it in Michigan...but Michigan is so prepared for things like this.
It's such an experience to have snow on these beautiful hills & mountains in the south!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I didn't know you lived in Michigan! I bet you have seen some serious snow then. I'll admit, I'll take the humidity any day over the snow! ha

Rod and Alex - aka: "Rolex" said...

Glad your family was safe during the snow storm!
It is so amazing how crazy the weather has been! Over here in California we're having beautiful weather! The only problem is...the drought! :/
We are grateful for the good weather...but also hoping for some rain soon! :)