Simply Me...

My photo
Learning through life how to take one day at a time & enjoy myself! I am a mother of two precious gifts, wife to a guy that I love unconditionally and a sister, daughter & friend. I work as a licensed massage therapist in the Birmingham area. I LOVE what I do! I love to blog as much as I can & read back on our memories as a family of four! www.youngliving.org/nancylmt

Monday, February 1, 2010

Chili without a packet mix :)

I ventured out today. I made chili that didn't come from a Chili'O packet!
Here's the recipe...it is good!

2 lbs. ground sirloin
onion (use flakes if you don't love onion chunks:) )
2- 16 oz. cans of whole tomatoes
1- 16 oz. can chili beans
3 or 4 tsp. chili powder
1/4 c. brown sugar (I used dark, it's what we had)
salt & pep to taste
garlic powder


Brown hamburger with onions in a large saucepan stirring until crumbly. Drain. Add tomatoes, chili beans, chili powder, brown sugar and rest of ingredients to taste & mix well. Simmer for 1.5 hours on low/med. heat, stirring often.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Sounds yummy!
Can you believe chili is one dish I have only made one time...and it was with a packet mix and it was not good...so I have not attempted again. Thank you for sharing this recipe I may just give it a try again =)

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm. It sounds good. Even here in Fresno, CA is kind of cold and I would love some chili in this weather. Thanks